Obejrzane 710 razy, pobrane 37 razy
w pobliżu Baqal, Raʼs al Khaymah (United Arab Emirates)
To note: I estimate temperatures in the hajar mountains by taking away 1'C for every 500ft, or 2'C for every 300m gained. This has been really consistent, and won me many a bet!
The difficulty of this route ranged from an Easy Hike to Very Difficult. Lower Wadi Niqab has a track, and is therefore easy. The crux of the route is Middle Wadi Niqab (Reference Heli Hike) between (WP19-25) which I graded the route off. Other 'Difficult' sections are the drop from the village into Niqab (WP14-17) and the Bristly Ridge section (WP5-8). The trek up from Niqab to the village, is a Moderate (WP3-4), and the remainder of the route is Easy.
As is usually the case with these routes, it's probably best used, by being broken into sections and used to create routes of your own, to your own spec, although it can be done as a whole evidently. The route from the wadi to the village is certainly a nice short trek in itself (WP2-4) for example.
This route had 6 sections.
1. WP 01 - 03 - Wadi Niqab Walk in - 1 Hour 30 mins - 5.7km - (200m/650' height gain)
2. WP 03 - 04 - Wadi Niqab up to the Villages - 45 mins - 1.3km - (250m/800’ height gain)
3. WP 04 - 08 - Bristly Ridge - 2 Hours 45 mins - 4.2km - (600m/2000' height gain)
4. WP 08 - 13 - The Plateau, Peak and the Villages - 3 Hours 45 mins - 8km - (500m+ then 400 descent / 1600'+ then 1300' descent)
5. WP 13 - 19 - The descent into Wadi Naqab - 2 Hours 45 mins – 5km – (600m / 2000’ descent)
6. WP 19 - 03 - Wadi Niqab Walk out - 4 Hours 20 – 11km - (350m/1100’ descent)
1. WP 03 - 01 - Wadi Niqab Walk out - 1 Hour 30 mins – 5.7km - (200m/650' descent)