My first day at Brenta. Car left at Molveno's cableway parking lot. I had to pay parking for all my time in Brenta. Now I know it is better to get to Andalo: you add 1 hour to your trek, but you find free parking there.
I took the cableway an then an easy walk up to Rifugio della Selvata (trail 340) and a smooth ascend up to Rifugio Pedrotti (trail 319).
I didn't choose the standard Brenta's via ferratas tour. If you want to make a whole visit, full experience of Brenta's most important via ferratas your best bet is:
- Leave your car at Campo Carlo Magno, north of Madonna di Campiglio
- Take the cableway to Rifugio Graffer
- Trail 331/316 to Rifugio Tuckett
- Trail 303 to Bocca del Tuckett
- Trail 305 through Bochette Alte
- If needed, take 323 to sleep at Rifugio Alimonta
- Trail 305 through Bochette Centralli
- Rifugio Pedrotti
- Trail 358, via ferrata Brentari
- Rifugio Agostini
- Trail 321, via ferrata Castiglioni
- Rifugio XII Apostoli
- From XII Apostoli you can return through sentiero Martinazzi (304/327), via ferrata SOSAT (305B) and 316/331 back to Rif. Graffer or you can descend to the road at Pinzolo and take a bus back to Campo Carlo Magno Link to Day 2 morning