Obejrzane 67 razy, pobrane 0 razy
w pobliżu Fairmont, North Carolina (United States)
A historic walking/scooter tour of Historic Hillsborough Street. Includes developmental changes to today!
Founded in 1842, Saint Mary’s school is a private independent Episcopal college-preparatory, boarding and day school for girls in grades K-12. The school is the oldest continuously operating school in Raleigh, and the third oldest girls’ school in the state. Additionally it is the fifth oldest girls’ boarding/day school in the United States.
The original Tompkins Hall was the first textile building on campus, designed to resemble the latest turn-of-the-century cotton mills. The building was destroyed in a fire in 1914, and the current structure featured a tower intended to hold a water tank, until it was removed in 1981 during a renovation for the College of Humanities and Social Science.
This building on the northwest of campus was constructed, after much controversy, in what had once been a pecan grove. From 1938 until 1991, it was the home of the School of Textiles. As NC State has maintained its reputation as one of the best textile schools in the nation, Nelson Hall has been enlarged repeatedly. Today, the building houses the College of Management and the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.